4/21/16 Now Hiring
Farmstead Kitchen and Products Assistant
Swallowtail Farm, a small family farm and and artisan preserves business located in Mason, MI, is hiring. We create our award-winning preserves using common and uncommon fruits we grow with care. This person will support our growing kitchen operations by prepping ingredients, cleaning and organizing the kitchen, and helping create and bottle products. They will also assist with post-production activities such as labeling, order prepping and helping with samplings and order deliveries.
• Prep a variety of ingredients to recipe specifications, keep the work station clean and organized, perform daily cleaning in the kitchen.
• Chip in where needed throughout the production and post-production process and the business operation.
The ideal candidate will have the following traits:
• Comfortable and experienced in the kitchen
• Enjoys physical work, able to lift 40+ lbs and stand for 4+ hour blocks of time
• Passion and excitement for artisan foods, drinks and Michigan-made products
• Self-directed and interested in producing quality products
• Hard-working, efficient, detail oriented, friendly and fun
Hours will average 10-15 hours per week year round, but will be lower during the winter and higher during the harvest season.
To apply: please send your resume (or a brief outline of your work history) with several references as well as a cover letter, (or a couple of paragraphs) describing why you are interested in the job. Please share what your current availability is and how this part-time position fits in with the larger picture of your life to: email@example.com
Pay: starting at $10 per hour with opportunities for increases as well as special benefits such as farm produce.
Click on the links below to see recent articles about the farm